The 29th IEEE Graduate Research Conference
organized by the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
and the Bilkent IEEE Student Branch, took place on April 6. This year’s schedule included 96 oral presentations, 68 poster presentations and 3 demo presentations. At
the end of the day, a reception and award ceremony were held. The best
presenters were recognized by the Bilkent EEE Department: four "best
oral presentation" awards and two "best poster" awards were given out.
The photos taken at the event can be accessed here
- Best presentation award in Signal Processing area was given to Tolga Ergen for his research on “Online Learning with LSTM Neural Networks”.
- Best presentation award in Biomedical Engineering area was given to Salman Ul Hassan Dar for his research on “MR image synthesis with generative adversarial networks”.
- Best presentation award in Communications / Control / Robotics / Network areas was given to Saeed Ahmed for his research on “Stabilization of nonlinear time varying systems with intermittent loss of information: A switched system based approach”.
- Best presentation award in Electronics / Electromagnetics / Nanotechnology / Photonics areas was given to Kıvanç Güngör for his research on “Luminescent Solar Concentrators Made of Copper-Doped Near-Unity Emitting Colloidal Quantum Wells”.
- Best Poster presentation award was given to Lütfi Kerem Şenel for his research on “Measuring Interpretability of Word Embeddings”.
- Best Poster presentation award was given to Bilal Taşdelen for his research on “Instant Decoupling of Coils in Simultaneous Transmission and Acquisition for MRI”.