- Best presentation award in Signal Processing area was given to Tolga Ergen for his research on “Online Learning with LSTM Neural Networks”.
- Best presentation award in Biomedical Engineering area was given to Salman Ul Hassan Dar for his research on “MR image synthesis with generative adversarial networks”.
- Best presentation award in Communications / Control / Robotics / Network areas was given to Saeed Ahmed for his research on “Stabilization of nonlinear time varying systems with intermittent loss of information: A switched system based approach”.
- Best presentation award in Electronics / Electromagnetics / Nanotechnology / Photonics areas was given to Kıvanç Güngör for his research on “Luminescent Solar Concentrators Made of Copper-Doped Near-Unity Emitting Colloidal Quantum Wells”.
- Best Poster presentation award was given to Lütfi Kerem Şenel for his research on “Measuring Interpretability of Word Embeddings”.
- Best Poster presentation award was given to Bilal Taşdelen for his research on “Instant Decoupling of Coils in Simultaneous Transmission and Acquisition for MRI”.
CAEE Article: A low‐cost feedback control systems laboratory setup via Arduino–Simulink interfaceLink: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/cae.21917
IFAC World Congress 2017 Conference Paper: A Low-cost Laboratory Experiment Setup for Frequency Domain Analysis for a Feedback Control Systems CourseLink: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2405896317332305?via%3Dihub
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) has named Prof. Hitay Özbay of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering an IEEE Fellow. IEEE, which describes itself as "the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity," has more than 423,000 members in over 160 countries. The IEEE Fellow is one of the organization’s highest honors, and is bestowed upon a very limited number of IEEE Senior Members who have contributed significantly to the advancement or application of engineering, science and technology. Prof. Özbay was named an IEEE Fellow on the basis of his contributions in the area of robust control for infinite dimensional systems.
Our faculty member Prof. Ayhan Altıntaş has become an URSI (Union of Radio Scientifique Internationale) fellow.